Often working in an office space environment can bring both its positives and negatives. Working from home has to many distractions so your office is a necessity. Everyone should want to go to work every morning and improving your office space can improve morale of your staff and improve your efficiency.
Below are 5 tips to improve your work space:
- Create A Vision Board –Rather than have sticky notes all over your office or piles of paper buy a white board or pin board. Having a visual reminder as you walk in to your office everyday can help you not only remember tasks you may have forgotten but can also inspire and motivate staff to complete objectives. Writing your business goals on the board is also a clever way to keep you motivated and your staff focused.
- Give Yourself Enough Space – Nothing in an office is worse than too much clutter as you may lose important documents or forget information you need. Therefore throw away anything that doesn’t need to be there such as loose paper and notes. If you have a small office do you need the amount of desks you have? Do you have all the space you need? Having more space will allow everyone in the office more freedom.
- Represent Your Business – Make sure your business is well represented upon entry of the office. You want any potential client to be impressed so if you have worked on a project big or small have it represented in the office via e.g a photograph of said project. This not only gives a good impression of what your business can do, it also opens up for more conversation between yourself and potential business partners.
- Have A Water Cooler – Hydration is key to a vibrant and engaged workforce. Having a water machine in the office is important as it keeps the staff healthy and hydrated also improving their energy levels daily. It is not only a good place for employees to meet and talk over ideas but a way to keep everyone focused.
- Style Your Office To Your Personality – Brighten up your office space with new decor and tailor it to you or your business style. If the walls are dull give the room a boost with a new paint colour or hang a few pictures. Art or even memorabilia is a fantastic way to showcase your personality and give out the impression you would want.
Interested in having your own office space give UrbanWorkSpace a call on 01214560707. We have four locations across Birmingham so we are sure to have an office perfect for your business needs. To view our locations and read about them in more detail visit our official website – www.urbanworkspace.com.